Friday 29 September 2017

Two Words That Can Change Your World




Gratitude is the quality of being thankful and the ability to show kindness and appreciation. Most would describe it as showing love and appreciation to different individuals who make an impact in their lives. However, I got to understand that gratitude is deeper than that. It is not only about showing kindness and appreciation to people who influence our lives the most or those who directly have a huge impact in our lives, but also to strangers, acquaintances and colleagues.
No matter how big or small the deed is the two words "thank you" are essential and can put a smile on someone's face and bring warmth to their heart. We might take it for granted and not say thank you even for the smallest things but it is necessary because you never know what doors or opportunities that thank you would open for you. We should learn to appreciate different people that we meet in our lives, some may not give us material things like our parents or family but the love, the smiles and the lessons we learn from them through interaction are worthy. They are investing their time in making sure you get all the support, encouragement and love and that's priceless and special hence we ought to appreciate and say thank you. 

Most of us have friends whom we have grown to even call family but, we have never said thank you for what we have put them through. For the  time they stayed awake comforting us from heart breaks, doing activities they don't really like just to see us smile, encouraged us when we felt discouraged and supported us through thick and thin. Have you ever taken time to thank them? If not, what are you waiting for? At times even if you do not feel like being thankful to someone even for the little thing, just say thank you because those two words can go a long way and spark something in another person's life.
There is also a heartbreaking mentality that some of us display. Yes our parents are obliged to take care of us as their children when we are young and dependent but that does not mean you don't say thank you father, thank you mother for raising me up to become the man/woman that I am today. They need to be appreciated for the hard work and perseverance. Parents go through a lot just to see us happy and have the best things in life they probably never had



Above all things it is also important to give thanks to God for everything.
“O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, for His loving kindness endures forever” (1 Chronicles 16:34). Always and forever above all, thanksgiving belongs to God, whether you are surrounded by good or bad circumstances. Thank the Lord for all things no matter how big or small. Nothing is too big or too small when it comes to God. Do not wait for that big promotion or car to say thank you God. What if you get that car and you lose your eyesight? The smaller things matter too, thank Him for waking up alive every morning, for the ability to walk, talk and see. Let your gratitude come from within and experience His love and kindness like never before.

I may not have said thank you enough but that is changing. I thank God for my life and really do appreciate all the women and men he put in my life. To my family and friends this is my open thanksgiving note to you. Thank you for loving, supporting, comforting and encouraging me and standing by me through thick and thin. Thank you for the laughter and tears and, I am the woman that I am today because you decided not to give up on me and for that I am very grateful from the bottom of my heart. I would like to encourage everybody to do a little exercise with me. Text, call, send a postcard, anything to people in your life or even strangers saying thank you, no matter who they are and if you want to share what you  experienced, please feel free to give me feedback via my email below. 
Gratitude is a powerful emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment