Friday 12 January 2018

Resolutions


Resolutions!

As we begin yet another year, people make life projections of things they want to accomplish throughout the year. Some do live out those projections as they visualised them in their minds. Others unfortunately are unable to live out their goals  due to uncontrolled circumstances, like lack of resources or departing from this earth to only leave a dream hanging in the air.  

Nonetheless, lets make those yearly life projections regardless of the future outcome. These life projections are what we call
"NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS" 

I will compare your life to a ship out at sea. As much as we hoist the sails and allow the wind to give us motion, there has to be a captain who steers the helm and directs it to the final destination.  Do not move in the direction of the wind only, but lets take control of our lives. Plan the direction you are going as you begin the year, steer your life's ship in the course you want it to move in.


So why do we write down our resolutions at the beginning of the year? 
Is it a "cool" thing to do? Should we just do it because it's being talked about? 


Of course, most will agree that resolutions act as a guide to what they want to achieve in that year and how they probably plan to execute the whole process. However, I understand that one only reaps the benefits of noting down resolutions when they actually execute and achieve them. Thus it requires discipline, focus to follow through these journalized resolutions. 


I don't want to lie and say all my past years I journalised my resolutions. Sometimes I probably would forget where I wrote them and what I had written. Trust me, a whole year is a long time and there are probably people out there who would relate to my experience. The year begins, you so excited and the "new year, new beginnings" mantra is recited everywhere. 


Danie, what's the best way to do it? Someone would ask. I say: take out your journal or diary and neatly write your goals down. About three months down the line, revisit and assess progress. Note what you have achieved, how you achieved it, what you did not achieve and investigate why you couldn't and aim to do better in the following quarters. 

Last year I made a decision to actually never forget where I wrote my resolutions. So what I did was, I bought a beautiful journal, jotted down my goals and constantly read them. By year end I had achieved not all but most of my resolutions and I was truly overwhelmed by an amazing feeling of achievement. I mean who wouldn't be proud of themselves. 

Basically I am saying, when all that you had hoped to achieve is a done deal it gives a positive attitude towards your life and grows the zeal to continue working for more and to reach greater heights. May you have a blessed and most desired 2018.
#Plan
#Execute
#Assess

3 comments:

  1. Well said there Miss,lets execute what we have jotted down, no excuse there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said there and some really practical tips to do it. I'm starting now to plan execute and assess

    ReplyDelete